The day to celebrate all the wonderful mothers around the world is here! Yes, we are talking about Mother’s Day and we agree that every day is devoted to all the mums. However, this day is a way of globally thanking all the supermums who make the world go around. Mothers are the most loveably simple beings in the world, it is the easiest task for their kids to make them happy. You do not need big gestures or expensive gifts to make her feel amazing, just a Mother’s Day special online cake delivery in Ahmedabad or wherever she is would do the trick for her. A tasty scrumptious dessert makes everything better, however, add the personal touch to your Mother’s Day dessert by baking a cake for her yourself. This gesture requires a little effort from your end but this would be more special to her and she will love it more than any other cake or present, trust us!
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply indulging in a sweet craving, dessert is always a good idea. If you’re up for a little culinary adventure, why not try your hand at this? But if you’re looking for a delightful treat without the fuss, a scoop of ice cream Provo is just the ticket. It’s the perfect balance of creamy and refreshing, a taste sensation that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Now that you have decided to bake a delicious cake for your mum, the question is which one! If you ask us, we think a lip-smacking blueberry cheesecake would be the best pick! This popular delicacy has it all a cheesy consistency, a crumbly yet smooth texture along with the tangy sweetness of blueberries. Also, this great dessert is relatively easy to bake, so without further ado, let’s get to making a delicious delicacy for the wonderful mother of yours!
Servings: 12 Mouthwatering Slices
Prep Time: 30 Mins.
Cooking Time: 1 Hour, 20 Mins.
Total Time: 5 Hours
First of all, gather all the following ingredients that are needed for the dainty dessert!
For the base you need:
- 200 grams of plain Marrie biscuits or other whole wheat biscuits
- 120 grams of unsalted butter stick, melted at room temperature
Next, for the cheesy cake filling you’ll need:
- 500 grams of unsweetened softened cheese cream
- Two whole tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 250 grams of blueberries, unseeded and sizzled in warm water
- Three big eggs, keep them at room temperature for sometime
- One teaspoon of lemon zest
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of sour cream
- One & a half cups of superfine or grated sugar
Finally, for the tangy blueberry topping, you would need:
- 370 grams of blueberries, unseeded
- Two whole tablespoons of lemon juice
- Half a cup of white superfine sugar
- Two tablespoons of water
- Half a tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Half a tablespoon of cornstarch
So now that you have everything you need on you, let’s get baking!
- Ofcourse, the first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Then get your cake baking tray or tin and grease it properly from inside. You can use butter, vegetable oil or parchment paper for the same, however, we would suggest you use paper.
- Now, break the biscuits by hand to get some rough pieces and place them into a grinder or food processor. Then grind them until you end up with a smooth biscuit powder. Make sure that it’s done properly, move the powder around with a spatula a little. After you are satisfied with it, add a little melted butter to the mix and grind again. You will have a powder that looks quite crumby and that is exactly how we want it.
- Next, take your prepared baking tray or tin and pour the crumby mixture into it. Flatten the mix into the tin’s base and wall, use a bowl to spread it evenly all around.
- After you are done with the base, keep the tin aside and start working on the filling. Pour the cream cheese into a bowl and start beating until it becomes fluffy. Then add flour, vanilla extract, sour cream, lemon zest, and sugar into it and get to beating again until it’s completely mixed into the fluffy batter. Now, take your eggs and add one egg at a time in the batter and keep on mixing.
- Now take your blueberry mix and pour in the same mixture and keep on stirring them until you can see it dissolving. Now pour the batter on top of the prepared pan with base and put it in the oven. Now bake the cake for about 70 minutes, till then prepare the blueberry sauce for top garnishing.
- Take unseeded blueberries, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a pan and put it on medium heat. Keep on stirring the ingredients until it reaches a light simmer, then add the cornstarch and water into the mix and keep on stirring.
- Once you are satisfied with the consistency, it should be a little thickly syrupy, take it off the heat and let it cool down. Then bring your cake out of the oven, it should be a little raised and to check if it’s done just poke the cake with a toothpick and if comes out clean that means it is done!
- Let both things cool down separately, and then garnish the cake with sauce. Now keep the cake in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours. Now it’s ready to be served to your lovely mother, enjoy!