Hair loss has been stressing out many men and women and have been trying FUT and FUE are some treatments to help get your hair back and recover from hair loss. In this article, Dr Harikiran Chekuri will talk about FUE and FUT hair treatment.
Dr. Harikiran Chikuri is an excellent hair transplant surgeon with over 14 years of experience, he has been doing hair transplant surgeries at the Redefine clinic, which provides one of the best hair transplant surgeries in Hyderabad.
Below you will be learning about FUT hair treatment,
What is a FUT (Follicular Unit Transportation) hair transplant?
A surgeon does FUT by removing a strip of skin from your scalp, typically from the back of your head. The strip is often no wider than 1 to 1.5 cm (0.4 to 0.6 inches). The exact length of the strip is determined by how many follicles are required to cover bald patches completely. After being taken out of the strip, each follicle is reinserted into your scalp.
An average hair transplant procedure lasts 4 to 8 hours. In general, FUT surgery is faster than FUE surgery. Most patients undergo surgery while awake with a local anesthetic that numbs their scalp. Redefine clinic, a top clinic that provides one of the best hair transplants in Hyderabad, offers FUT treatment that is efficient and long lasting.
Another brand new alternative hair loss treatment that is taking off is known as Scalp Micropigmentation. This treatment injects ink into the scalp that looks like hair follicles providing the appearance of extra density, or giving that freshly shaved look. Hairline Ink specializes in this proceedure and offers Scalp Micropigmentation in Los Angeles or check out our other Hairline Ink location in New York.
Steps for FUT treatment
The doctor will first draw a hairline, then mark the area of extraction and take pictures for medical history. Dr. Harikiran Chikuri, top hair transplant surgeon in India will explain the steps for FUT treatment below,
- Then the doctor will numb your scalp area by applying anesthesia.
- Your hair will be extracted from the donor location, where the hair will be clipped to a length of roughly two millimeters.
- The surgeon excises the strip of skin with the hair follicles that will be utilized as the graft. Throughout the procedure, you’ll be awake.
- Individual hair follicles will be taken out of the strip by a technician and prepared for transplantation.
- The doctor will stitch your scalp with sutures.
- Then the doctor will insert hair follicles into the bald areas of your scalp in a way that looks natural.
- Finally, Your scalp will be covered in bandages and an antibiotic cream will be applied on your scalp..
Who will need a FUT procedure?
Dr. Harikiran Chikuri says that there some specific conditions that need to be met by the patient to proceed with the procedure, and the conditions include,
- Age: People over the age of 25 can undergo FUT. Younger people’s hair loss patterns are less predictable and so d
- Diagnosis: Hair transplantation typically works best for men whose hair loss follows the Norwood pattern.
- The thickness of hair: High hair follicle density people typically get better coverage.
- Balding spot: The front of the head is where hair loss is most effectively treated with FUT.
- Hair color: People who have hair colour similar to the skin colour will make some of the best candidates for FUT hair transplant.
What is FUE (follicular unit extraction) hair transplant?
Follicular unit extraction hair transplant takes the individual hair follicles from the back or side of your scalp. Redefine clinic, one of the top clinics that provide hair transplants in Hyderabad, offers FUE treatment at an affordable rate and excellent service.
Steps for FUE treatment
The procedure for fue is as follows:
- The surgeon will first shave the hair from where the follicles will be removed and from the area of donation.
- The surgeon will use a micro instrument or device to remove follicles from your skin.
- The surgeon will make tiny incisions using needles or other sharp tools on the site where the hair will be transplanted.
- The surgeon will insert the hair follicles in the incisions.
- Finally, the surgeon will clean up and bandage the area.
Side effects after the procedure
There won’t be any side effects other than scarring and mild pain, which will fade after a few days.
If you notice any of the following symptoms, consult your doctor.
- Swelling around the surgery area.
- Numbness near the surgery area
- Balding even after the transplant procedure.
Precautions after the FUE procedure.
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid taking pain medications
- You should not exercise or [perform any hard physical work for at least 2 weeks post transplant.
- Keep elevated pillows while sleeping
- Avoid going outside, especially sunlight
- You should avoid swimming for 4 weeks
- Apply the prescribed ointment and medicines as recommended by your doctor
Dr. Harikiran Chekuri has explained about the FUT and FUE hair transplant treatments, he says that before opting for any treatment make sure to take consultation from your doctor.