The Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) conducts the ATMA, a national-level test, multiple times a year for applicants who seek admission in MBA, PGDM, MCA, and PGDBA programmes in India. Over 750 management institutes in India recognise ATMA Exam Cut Off as part of initial screening of candiadates for admission to management programs.
Candidates must plan in advance on how to cover all the topics within a limited time so that they are well prepared for the exam when their ATMA Exam Admit Card arrives. Rather of wasting time learning the complete syllabus, the best approach is to prepare as much as possible by solving previous years’ question papers and taking mock examinations. Candidates should take a targeted strategy, addressing the important topics and those from which regular questions have been asked in past years’ papers.
On that note, let’s discuss a few sectional and general tips as well as a few books recommendations that will help you prepare smartly for the exam.
Section-wise ATMA Preparation Tips 2023
The level of difficulty of the questions in this section is moderate. Both analytical reasoning and critical reasoning questions are included in this section. Candidates should study past years’ test questions and practise tests to ensure that they are familiar with the concepts. Analytical Reasoning questions assess a candidate’s capacity to grasp, evaluate, and draw a conclusion from the given statement. By figuring out puzzles and riddles, one can practise analytical reasoning.
The difficulty level of quantitative questions is moderate. You can prepare for this section by working through the problems in the Secondary and Higher Secondary Mathematics textbooks or NCERT. Candidates should become familiar with short tricks. Additionally, candidates should complete ATMA question papers from previous years and take practise exams.
Reading comprehension and verbal skills/English usage are separated in this section. The verbal ability section’s questions are of a medium difficulty. Candidates must possess strong vocabulary and grammar skills. Candidates must read newspapers, periodicals, and books in addition to using the Class 8 and Class 9 grammar textbooks to understand the principles and clear up any confusion.
Some General Tips for ATMA Preparation 2023
- To understand the marking scheme, the overall and sectional duration of the exam, and the distribution of questions asked, candidates should examine the ATMA exam pattern.
- To learn the topics/ subjects they must cover for the exam, carefully read the ATMA syllabus 2023.
- Take cognisance of your areas of strength and weakness in each section.
- Secure the top study materials or books for ATMA 2023.
- Solve ATMA question papers or sample papers to hone your problem-solving skills.
- Take practise tests on a regular basis and analyse your performance after each one.
- Learn how to use short tricks to solve questions.
- Take notes of new words you read in the newspaper since they will help you improve your vocabulary.
How to Choose the Best Books for ATMA 2023 Exam?
Let’s discuss a few things to keep in mind while picking up books and study material to prepare for ATMA 2023 Exam
- Candidates should ensure that the books are up to date.
- Candidates must ensure that the best ATMA books have covered the syllabus.
- Select a book that is simple and clear to read and written in easy language.
- Candidates must choose books that contain ATMA sample papers/question papers with solutions.
Books for ATMA Preparation 2023
Here is a selection of the finest ATMA preparation books to refer in 2023.
- The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by ABHIJIT GUHA and R.S. Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis