If you have yellow or discolored teeth or if your teeth are crooked, misaligned, or have gaps in them, then cosmetic dentistry is for you. In this article, Dr Suhrab Singh will explain the different types of cosmetic dental procedures.
Dr. Suhrab Singh is a leading dentist in Noida with a decade of experience.He is the founder of Neo Dental Care, a state-of-the-art facility fitted with the most advanced technology to ensure that every dental condition is treated appropriately.
1. Teeth whitening
Teeth whitening is one of the most common and popular cosmetic dentistry. The dentist will first examine your teeth and proceed with the procedure. In the procedure, the doctor will use carbamide peroxide( a stable complex that breaks down in the water to release hydrogen peroxide). The procedure might take an hour to finish. Dr. Suhrab Singh, provides one of the best and safest methods of teeth whitening procedure at the Neo Dental Clinic, one of the best dental clinics in Noida.
2. Extrinsic discoloration
This discoloration affects the outside of the teeth and can be removed by whitening toothpaste.
This discoloration is caused by different foods and drinks like red wine, coffee, tea, and tobacco. Smoking can also cause discoloration of the teeth.
- Intrinsic discoloration: This discoloration affects the inside of the tooth and is caused by reasons such as an infection, childhood disease, medications, aging, or trauma. A dentist can only remove this discoloration( as these discolouration is caused internally, doctors use special instruments that work internally and remove discolouration)
- Enamel shaping: Enamel shaping is an effective and non-surgical dental procedure to improve the appearance of your teeth. The dentist will physically shape your teeth’s outer enamel, make it look even, and correct any surface abnormalities. During the procedure, your dentist will first clean your mouth and remove any build-up; then, using sandpaper strips, your dentist will slowly shape the enamel. After reshaping your teeth, the dentist will polish the surface of the teeth to make them look more natural and smooth.
- Check out the cost of porcelain veneers in Melbourne.
3. Tooth bonding
Tooth bonding is another dental procedure used to treat cracked, chipped, or discolored teeth.
During the tooth bonding process,
- Your dentist will first roughen the surface
- and apply a tooth-colored resin onto your teeth, and the resin is molded and reshaped to fit in correctly.
- The resin is cured(glued) with a special light.
- In the final stage, the dentist shapes and polishes the surface of the teeth.
The entire process of tooth bonding will finish within an hour.
Braces are dental tools or devices used to straighten and position your teeth.
Braces help correct overbite, underbite, open bite, deep bite, crossbite, and other flaws in the jaw.
Types of braces:
- Metal braces: Metal braces are the most popular type of braces; they’re popular among kids and adults and are budget-friendly.
- Ceramic braces: Ceramic braces are the same as metal braces, the results are also the same, but ceramic braces have gray or white colored brackets. Ceramic braces are said to be more comfortable than metal braces for some people. Ceramic braces are costly.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces are placed at the back of your teeth or on the side, so they are invisible from the outside. Lingual braces are common among work professionals or people in the entertainment industry, like actors, models, etc. You can expect a lisp for the first two weeks after treatment. Lingual braces are one of the costliest types of braces. Lingual braces treatment is available at the best prices at Neo Dental Clinic, one of the best dental clinic in Noida
5. Dental implants
A dental implant is a metal screw post that is surgically inserted on the site of a missing tooth to improve a person’s appearance or restore a person’s ability to chew food. The noticeable difference before and after All on 4 dental implants is also amazing.
There are two kinds of implants
- Endosteal – An endosteal implant is a type of dental implant that’s put in your jawbone as an artificial root to hold a replacement tooth.
- Subperiosteal – Subperiosteal dental implants are a substitute to endosteal dental implants for patients who can’t go for the traditional dentures. Patients having weaker jawbones, or who have a minimum bone height (a shallow jawbone that can’t support endosteal dental implants) may need subperiosteal dental implants
6. Smile makeover
A smile makeover combines different procedures to make your smile appear perfect.
The components of a smile makeover include:
- Smile line: The upper curve of the teeth should be the same as the lower teeth to form a perfect smile; the dentist will then determine how long your teeth should be.
- Tooth proportions: In proportion correction, the dentist will ensure that the shape of all your teeth is proportional in height and width to each other.
- Tooth length: Long teeth provide a more youthful appearance and overall a pleasing aesthetic. Aging and a gummy smile can make the teeth appear smaller. The dentist can lengthen the teeth by composite bonding or veneers. For a gummy smile, the dentist will modify the gum line,
- Tooth texture
7. Dental veneers
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells of white-colored materials to cover the front surface of the teeth to improve your appearance.
Dental veneers fix some issues like
- Discolored teeth
- Worn out teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Broken teeth
- Misaligned or uneven teeth
- The gap between the teeth