Do you ever feel like you need a break after work? It can be tough to relax when you have so much to do, but it’s important to take some time for yourself. Here are five steps to help you relax and recharge after a long day at the office.
Step 1 – Turn Off Work Notifications
The first step is to disconnect from work. This means turning off your work email notifications and putting your phone on silent. This might sound scary, but it’s important to give yourself some time to relax without thinking about work. Even though you might be tempted to check your work email one last time, resist the urge and focus on taking some time for yourself.
Step 2 – Get Comfortable
The next step is to get comfortable by changing into some comfortable clothes and taking off any constricting work clothing. You might also want to take a hot shower or bath to relax your muscles and wash away the day. Once you’re feeling comfortable, it’s time to move on.
If you’re not planning to leave your home again tonight, take off any makeup you might have on and let your skin breathe. You should also consider doing a face mask or some other type of pampering to help you relax. Also, don’t be afraid to bring out the onesie or whatever else you find comfortable.
Step 3 – Choose a Relaxing Activity
Everybody is different, so this will mean different things for everybody. Maybe you like to read, knit, journal, listen to music, or take a bath. Whatever makes you feel relaxed and happy, do that. And if you can’t think of anything, here are some ideas:
- Take yourself on a solo date. Make yourself a nice dinner or get dessert delivered from your favourite place. Make sure you have a good book or your laptop and catch up on some reading or writing.
- Organize something. This may sound counterintuitive, but sometimes getting things in order can help you feel more relaxed. This could be your closet, your bookshelf, or even your garage.
- Take a relaxing bath. Add some soothing aromatherapy or make it a luxurious experience with a face mask and some candles.
- Talk to a friend. Sometimes catching up with someone you care about can help reduce stress and make you feel more connected.
- Whether it’s a book, an article, or even just your favourite blog, taking some time to read can help you unwind and de-stress.
- Do some light stretching or yoga. Gently moving your body can help relax your muscles and ease tension.
Step 4 – Create the Perfect Atmosphere
Once again, this comes down to personal preference, but some popular suggestions include Abeille Candles, diffusing some lavender oil, or playing some calming music; you could even do all three. Just make sure that whatever you choose helps you to relax and feel at ease.
Step 5 – Have Fun
This final step is probably the most important one. Make sure that you take some time out for yourself to do something that you enjoy. Whether it’s taking a bath, playing your favourite game, or reading a good book; do whatever brings you happiness.
And there you have it, five simple steps to help you relax after a long day at work. With a little bit of planning and preparation, you can easily turn your evenings into a calm and enjoyable experience!